Instructor / Host Casting Call!
Los Angeles, CA
Application due: July 25, 2014
Audition: Aug 9, 2014
RockSweat is a music-intensive fitness event, launching Fall 2014 in LA.
Weekly (Saturday AM) classes will take place in a live music venue featuring a booming sound system, club lights, a live audio/visual production and a genuine rock aesthetic.
RockSweat fitness is a new category; it will not replace bootcamp, pilates, running, yoga, spin, or your gym – we love that shit! Our weekend event will augment your ‘normal’ fitness routine.
- Lose yourself: Club vibe. Club lights. Loud music. = lost inhibitions. Rock out, sweat it out, have fun.
- Endorphine rush/club buzz: Leave soaking wet, muscles toned, great songs /images drifting thru your mind —big smile.
- Approx 60 fans will follow graphics and host cues for synchronized high-intensity, full-body interval training
- Our fans ARE the rock stars. The host will follow our already developed fitness program & help manage the energy in the room.
AUDITION | PREREQUISITES
You have moves & swagger:
- 1+ year of experience teaching, or an advanced fitness practice with acting experience
- A high-energy, reputable fitness class, e.g. spin, bootcamp, yoga – doesn’t matter what your choice of poison is, as long as it involves ass-kicking sweat. certification NOT required
- Eager & willing to learn & host our already existing program – you will be given a script of movements to demo & get others to do – you will not develop your own regime or playlists
- A vibrant, playful, edgy, magnetic personality & presence that can rally & unify a crowd while elevating the energy of a large room packed with participants eager to sweat
- Apply by July 25: If you are interested in auditioning to be a RockSweat host, please send your resume, 2 professional references AND a :30 - :60 video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your video should include what you love about fitness, why you want to be a RockSweat host, your favorite song to sweat to, & if could be in a band, which one would it be (existing or broken up) & why
AUDITION | REQUIREMENTS
(August 9, 2014)
F*ck yeah! You are called in for an audition – Now what?:
- You will be given a 3 min workout segments to study & prepare to Host for up to 3 minutes
- When you audition you consent to full participation & completion in our training program in Los Angeles and class schedule for instructing (see next section for dates)
- All candidates will participate & audition in one class together. Everyone will take the class (candidates, RockSweat team) – individuals will be selected during the work out to step in & host for up to 3 minutes
- After your audition, we will contact you by 8/13 if you have been selected as a candidate, & will set up an interview to meet with our RockSweat Training Team, w/o 8/18
TRAINING | MANDATORY SCHEDULE
YESSSSSSSSSS! Fully commit:
Selected hosts will learn:
- RockSweat signature moves
- RockSweat cardio, arm, leg, core, yoga, cool-down series
- RockSweat brand & safety standards
RockSweat Mandatory Training Program Schedule:
- The training program will be held on 8/23, 8/24, 8/30, 8/31 (times TBD)
- Demo 9:00am – 11am: classes for friends, family, industry: 9/6, 9/13, 9/27
- Public launch October
INSTRUCTING / HOST CLASSES SCHEDULE
- September: Demo, private classes, Saturdays - 9:00-9:45am
- October: Public classes, Saturdays - 9:00-9:45am
- November onwards: Public classes, Saturdays – 9:00-9:45am & 10:00-10:45am
View & download this as a PDF.