Wanted: Event DJ/VJ (Audio & Video Tech)
Los Angeles, CA
Interviews: Aug 9, 2014 in Los Angeles
RockSweat is a weekly music-intensive fitness event, launching Fall 2014 in LA at a legendary live music venue featuring a full club sound, light & visual production.
RockSweat fitness is a new category; it will not replace bootcamp, pilates, running, yoga, spin, or your gym – we love that shit! Our weekend event will augment the ‘normal’ fitness routine.
We're looking for an ongoing Audio & Video Tech. DJ/VJ will work with the producers to execute a playlist and choreographed visuals to lead the fitness program. Work with art director & producer to create the right set of visuals to set the tone for the workout. The visuals can be supplied stock along with new video and our illustrative exercise move photographs.
DJ/VJ will need to bring their software to plug in the club facilities. Its a plus if you have your own projector and switcher. Lights will be provided by the club facility.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and/or video reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experience in commercial/professional/events AV systems engineering.
- Practical understanding of audio and video systems including working knowledge of media servers, network based media delivery, projection systems, indoor/outdoor LED screens, flat panel displays, video and audio routing and processing, amplifiers and speakers, racks, mounts and other AV support equipment.
- Knowledge of AV Control systems.
- VJ software like Resolume Arena, Modul8, or Arkaos Grand VJ
- Knowledge of basic electronic and network test equipment and troubleshooting methods.
- Nice to have a basic knowledge of lighting systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Windows configuration and operation. Familiar with Mac OS. Familiar with media file formats.
RockSweat Mandatory Training Program Schedule:
- The training program will be held on 8/23, 8/24, 8/30, 8/31 (times TBD)
- Demo 9:00am – 11am: classes for friends, family, industry: 9/6, 9/13, 9/27
- Public launch October
Fall Event Schedule:
- September — Demo, private classes: Saturdays - 9:00-9:45am
- October — Public classes: Saturdays - 9:00-9:45am
- November and onwards — Public classes: Saturdays – 9:00-9:45am & 10:00-10:45am